Children’s Playground at Upper Yarra Museum
An outside children’s playground has joined the under-cover platform toys area and Children’s Room to complete the Museum’s children’s facilities.This is no ordinary playground. Activities include the (very noisy) ‘sound structure’, gum boot throwing, ‘bear’ throwing, a log train,stepping logs and more. The playground has been assembled from donated and scrounged materials (see below) and was constructed by many volunteers (see below)over many hours.
The playground has been road-tested by toddlers from Wesburn and is available for group bookings.
Come along and play. Ring and make a booking.
[Not a valid template]
Lots of thank yous
- Hugh Kelly: 2 more loads of wood chips
- Yarra Valley Landscape & Garden: delivering wood chips
- Judy and her team: moving the chips
- Dietmar: Sound gallery is looking and sounding even better [tested and approved by gkids]
- Peter L: for gumboots and tree guards
- Colin for 3 fabulous tree guards. The 3 flowering gums now have a special space to grow, protected from little feet.
Special thank you for all the kind donations and support
- Neil Prowse: rocks and tons of patience
- Robin family: 2 loads of grey box for the timber top walk and mulch
- Judy and her crew: lifting and more lifting
- Rob Bast: the carved wise owl over looking the playground
- Yarra Valley Landscape & Garden: donation sand pit sand & delivering wood chips
- Hugh Kelly: Wood chips and wood slabs
- Laurie E: welding and securing items
- Lee: 2 “little interesting logs”
- Kemp girls: wheels and gate
- Bill M: installing the gate
- Ron A: restoration of tractor seats for the train
- Keith J: pully for “bear toss’
- 80 plant tubes Yarra ranges Council
- Bennett boys: wheels & things for the sound gallery
Upper Yarra Mail, Community Diary Tuesday 16.7.2013